This classic dish is spiced up with a hint of Chili.
Prep time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Serves: 4 People Difficulty: Medium
- 1 pound dried linguine
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 Fresh chilies
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh, small Cockles, scrubbed and rinsed well
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2-3 Tbsp. cream
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- Salt & pepper
- Cook the linguine in boiling, salted water until al dente and drain.
- Add the garlic and chili flakes and cook for just a few seconds.
- Add the Cockles to the pan, stir, and then add the white wine.
- Cover the pan and cook for a couple of minutes until all the clams have opened–discard any that remain closed.
- Add the cream to the pan and cook for another minute or two.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the linguine and parsley, and toss everything together to combine.
- Season to taste.