“What is Thai food? Every country in the world has its own food profile. It reflects its culture, environment, ingenuity and values. In the case of Thailand, these words come to mind: intricacy; attention to detail; texture; color; taste; and the use of ingredients with medicinal benefits, as well as good flavor.
We not only pay attention to how a dish tastes: we are also concerned about how it looks, how it smells, and how it fits in with the rest of the meal. We think of all parts of the meal as a whole – sum rap Thai (the way Thais eat), is the term we use for the unique components that make up a characteristically Thai meal.”
Prep time: 5 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Serves: 1-2 People Difficulty: Easy
- 1 bunch water spinach washed
- 1-5 scud chilli (should be spicy)
- 2 clove garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp salted soy beans (tao jeaw)
- Dash each of seasoning sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, water
- In a hot wok starting with garlic wok fry all ingredients.
- Should be hot enough to get some flame in the wok which is part of the flavour, so work fast.
- Adjust seasoning and serve.